Berkshire Grey Inc, (Nasdaq: BGRY) launches a news AI-powered Robotic Shuttle Put Wall (RSPW) solution for eCommerce order fulfillment. This new solution helps to buffer and sort inventory items while increasing order processing speeds.
The solutions helps retailers to meet the current eCommerce surge and manual labor shortages resulting from the pandemic, while handling holiday peak seasons. RSPW provides businesses the ability to increase customer order throughput and meet heightened customer expectations.
“Businesses will continue to see eCommerce orders rise as global eCommerce sales expect to approach $5 trillion by the end of 2021. This growth in volume combined with labor scarcity is putting tremendous pressure on supply chain operations to increase fulfillment throughput and support a broad selection of products. Businesses have no choice but to automate,” says Kevin Prouty, Analyst at IDC. “Companies like Berkshire Grey can support their customers with robotic automation solutions that address rising consumer demands.”
Only 5% of companies currently have any level of automation in their warehouses, creating costly bottlenecks between the picking and sorting steps of the order fulfillment process. Combined with the manual labor shortage, there simply aren’t enough workers available to keep up with soaring demand and customer expectations.
Berkshire Grey’s RSPW solution addresses labor scarcity and enables greater specialization of existing employees. The solution can:
- Accommodate up to nearly 100% of typical SKU assortments, including challenging items like soft polybags and tubes, for a variety of industries such as apparel, footwear, beauty, and general merchandise.
- Increase customer order sortation throughput by up to 300% with the solution’s high capacity put wall.
- Integrate with existing fulfillment processes with no disruption to ongoing operations.
- Provide sort locations for up to 240 orders to be processed at the same time as opposed to the industry average of 80 orders for manual walls.
- Improve upstream batch inventory pick rates by up to 33%.
- Deliver best-in-class reliability, supporting 24/7 order fulfillment performing millions of picks in production.
- Provide maximum flexibility by integrating with any existing operation including robotic, conveyer and manual-based transport approaches.
“Businesses today are struggling to meet the surge in online orders and need new approaches to compete and scale,” says Tom Wagner, founder and CEO at Berkshire Grey. “Berkshire Grey’s AI-enabled Robotic Shuttle Put Wall is built on proven technology deployed by customers today. This new platform increases order processing speeds, optimizes the workforce and delivers the necessary scale to meet growing consumer demand.”
With Berkshire Grey Intelligent Enterprise Robotics (IER), customers have access to solutions that support their order fulfillment needs across the entire supply chain. Berkshire Grey’s extensive services include installation, testing and commissioning, and continued support leveraging cloud-based AI solutions that provide predictive maintenance, management of system operations, analytics, and integration.
Berkshire Grey’s automated solutions are modular and flexible and available via Robotics-as-a-Service (RaaS) implementation models, allowing customers to accelerate adoption of game-changing automation technology without upfront capital expenditures.