October 2021 was a busy month for mobile robot vendors, including various product announcements. We also started featuring use cases every Friday, stories focused on real customer deployments.
This monthly feature summarizes the most popular stories reported on The Mobile Robot Guide during each month.
Here are the Top 10 most popular robotics stories on The Mobile Robot Guide in October 2021. Subscribe to The Mobile Robot Guide Newsletter to stay updated and have the news delivered straight to your inbox.
10. MiR teams up with CSi palletising to autonomously move pallets
MiR signs a new partnership with CSi palletising to integrate and deploy MiR AMRs. Read story
9. OTTO Motors and Siemens partner to implement material handling solution
Otto Motors is using real-time location systems from Siemens to more accurately localize an AMR within the facility. Read story
8. Ava Robotics is the core of Johnson Controls’ Tyco security robot
In this case study, learn how Johnson Controls built a new security robot solution on the Ava Robotics platform. Read story
7. TUM Autonomous Motorsport wins Indy Autonomous Challenge
The first autonomous race at Indy Motor Speedway was a huge success and great entertainment for the spectators. Read story
6. German grocers turn to disinfection robots to combat COVID-19
UVD Robots claims its technology can kill more than 99.99% of microorganisms such as SARS-CoV 2 and E. Coli, providing a safe and secure environment for staff and customers. Read story
5. LIMO is an open-source mobile robotics platform
This KickStarter project is an affordable ROS development platform. Read story
4. New Geek+ RoboShuttle picks items off high shelves
Tote-to-person picking solution designed to maximize warehouse space by reaching up 26.7 feet and supporting payloads up to 529 lb. Read story
3. Deployments of mobile robots are rapidly increasing
At the end of 2020, less than 1% of warehouses had deployed AMRs in support fulfillment operations. That will change going forward. Read Story
2. Fetch Robotics FlexShelf optimizes warehouse fulfillment workflow
New fulfillment solution enables Zebra to streamline order, batch, case, pallet and each picking workflows and automate material transport. Read story
The MassRobotics interoperability standard offers a way for heterogeneous fleets of AMRs to cooperate on at a common facility. Read story