Welcome to Episode 54 of The Robot Report Podcast, which brings conversations with robotics innovators straight to you. Join us each week for discussions with leading roboticists, innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
In this week’s episode, Steve and Mike review the news from the week, starting with the funding news for four robotics companies totally $550M+. They also discuss the new iRobot J7+ and how the iRobot team trained a machine learning model to identify and avoid dog poop. Steve also has an update on the cost of the recent Ocado ASRS fire.
Mike interviews Photoneo CTO, Tomas Kovacovsky, about 3D vision, 3D cameras and what it takes to build a robust, industrial camera/vision solution.
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of the podcast, or if you have recommendations for future guests or segment ideas, contact Steve Crowe or Mike Oitzman. For sponsorship opportunities of The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle for more information.
Links mentioned in the show
- Ambi Robotics closes $26M Series A to begin growth
- Pudu Robotics serves up $155M Series C funding round
- DeepRoute.ai closes $300M Series B funding round
- Locus Robotics raises another $50M to scale its AMRs
- The iRobot J7 may be smarter than your pet
- New iRobot Roomba J7+
- NASA’s Perseverance Rover Collects Puzzle Pieces of Mars’ History