Headquarters: Nicholasville, Kentucky, USA
Public: YES (a division of Jabil Technologies)
Badger Technologies™ provides actionable data and analytics for retail operations through automation solutions that include a fully autonomous robot to address out-of-stock, planogram compliance, price integrity and other operational inefficiencies. Actionable data and business analytics translates into improved store execution, lower operational costs and higher profits. Badger Technologies offers complete end-to-end solutions, from robot and software to store integration, maintenance and analytics.
Badger Technologies is a product division of Jabil, a $22 billion global company with over 50 years of experience delivering technology, manufacturing and supply chain solutions to the world’s leading brands.
The Badger Store Execution Suite is a complete, connected solution that makes it easy for retailers to capitalize on data and actionable business analysts that provide a corporate view across stores - real-time knowledge that translates into improved store execution, lower operational costs and higher profits.
The solution is capable of
- Detecting holes on shelves and generating replenishment lists
- Generating powerful on-shelf availability best practices analytics across stores
- Prioritizing out-of-stock alerts with supply chain integration
- Correlating POS data to out-of-stock data, location and facings
- Ensuring center store planogram (POG) and sales plan compliance
- Addressing price integrity issues by comparing unit tags to current POG pricing
- Analyzing and leveraging CPG display compliance data
- Generating CPG managed display compliance analyticsLeveraging pricing integrity best practices data
Badger Technologies’ fully autonomous robot, nicknamed "Marty" has been initially developed for the grocery retail environment to address out-of-stock, planogram compliance, price integrity, and audit and compliance issues. Our autonomous robots operate safely alongside shoppers and employees while scanning shelves. Advanced technologies include:
- Rotating lidar to map and navigate the store
- High resolution and 3D depth cameras for navigation and data acquisition
- Navigation sensors
- Firmware in robotics operating system (ROS)
- Modular application software architecture for custom system integration
- Autonomous base with rechargeable 12-hour battery
Robots as a Service
Badger Technologies delivers their solution as a service. We've prepared an in-depth guide to buying Robots as a Service (RaaS). In the guide, you'll learn everything you need to know to be prepared for getting the best contract for your needs.
Badger Technologies ™ was born out of a team of engineers from LexMark, who were focusing on the in-store inventory management problem. The creation of Badger Technologies brings together a strong team of experienced data management and retail specialists, together with the execution and delivery teams from Jabil. This is a powerful combination with the ability to execute and deliver worldwide.