SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
ABOUT THE ROLE
inVia Robotics is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to work with inVia's robotic team and our robotic management system. As part of the team you will be given a chance to program our robots and develop various tasks for the robot to perform. Working as a team, you will help to improve our robotic systems and most importantly the services for our customers. We are in need of a good developer that can contribute to our robotic automation tools, as well as make our system even more user friendly and robust. We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of Python and of basic algorithmic concepts such as sorting, graph searching, etc. We are looking for a person who enjoys looking for elegant solutions to challenging problems and loves working with automation and robotic platforms.
- Proficiency using Python
- Proficiency using the typical Linux toolbox of Open Source development software
- Developing & deploying services and APIs such as REST/SOAP/JSON/etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to influence others.
- Experience building multi-tiered solutions, UNIX/Linux and support of production applications.
- Must have 3+ years of industry experience building software in Python in Linux environments
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written. We slack a lot! We read a lot!*
- Excellent attention to detail
- A drive to produce effective, well-documented, re-usable code
- Understanding of testing and appreciation of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and work on other tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of computer science
- As long as you have amazing Python skills, we want to hear from you.
- Must be able to work in the US
- No remote work
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Note that the job listing might be expired. If this is the case, please drop us a note at email@example.com