ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing mechanical systems and electronics packaging and documentation of electro-mechanical parts and assemblies for robotic equipment.
- Research, design, and develop new robotic/mechanical features and products for manufacture.
- Integrate mechanical & electrical components / systems into overall product design.
- Operate with a high level of autonomy while still seeking input from other team members as well as procurement, assembly, operations and partners to meet requirements.
- Testing and validation of designs to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications under expected usage conditions.
- Generate mechanical design layouts in 3D CAD format using Autodesk Inventor.
- Prepare electro-mechanical documentation/drawings for parts and assemblies.
- Interact with subcontract manufacturers to ensure correct and timely parts/assemblies.
- Interface with electronics design engineer for program and electrical design requirements for electro-mechanical design.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
BS degree in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or related field with 5+ years experience. Mechanical CAD ( 3D Mechanical Design (Autodesk Inventor preferred)) Static/dynamic load calculations, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. Basic machine shop experience. Proficient in Windows environment. CAD Software.
Note that the job listing might be expired. If this is the case, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org