Fetch Robotics is a leading provider of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR's) that is revolutionizing the logistics industry. Robotics has matured to the point where it can become an integral part of making society better. We are searching for the brightest and most passionate engineers to enable humans and robots to work together. We are creating a robotics platform with reach from commercial and retail applications to the cloud.
The Director Hardware Engineering manages and leads the following functional product hardware groups: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and manufacturing engineering. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- The ability to have a system level understanding of electro-mechanical products and related software dependencies to identify potential engineering or manufacturing issues early in the design process.
- Work to ensure all products under development are delivered on time, on budget, with reliability at scale.
- Recruit, develop and retain a world-class team of top engineers who are recognized subject matter experts and have experience in electro-mechanical systems.
- Build, manage, mentor, and inspire our hardware engineering organization.
- Interface across multiple disciplines (e.g. software engineering, production, supply chain, quality assurance…)
- BS degree in an engineering domain or significant equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of engineering management experience in a technology environment.
- Experience with designing and managing platforms with a demonstrated ability to lead & inspire electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers in a hands-on fashion.
- Experience with NPI launches, product ramp, sustaining support and end-of-life cycle for mechatronic hardware products.
- Experience with manufacturing and fabrication processes for mechanical and electrical components, OTS (off the shelf) component life-cycle management, and systems engineering.
- Organizational communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience/Familiarity with Solidworks and PCB layout tools
- Safety compliance and/or product reliability testing for complex electro-mechanical products
Note that the job listing might be expired. If this is the case, please drop us a note at email@example.com